WordPress is a blogging tool, and I have created a plugin that lets you store files in MySQL database, instead of the filesystem.
To install the DB Files 1.0 plugin:
- Download dbfiles1.0.zip
- Extract the files in the downloaded archive
- Upload/copy the extracted folder (dbfiles) to your plugins folder, usually ”wp-content/plugins/”
- Activate the plugin at the plugin screen. The default table and options are set up automatically
- Optional: modify the settings in the ’Options’, ’Database File Options’ pane
- Finito! You are now ready to upload files!
There are more information in the readme.txt file supplied in the archive. In the WordPress support forums, I’ve started a thread that can be useful.
Below are some screenshots from my test environment.
Database file manager
Add database file
Edit database file
Database file options